As educators it is your job to create a positive learning environment that encourages children to make sense of the world around them. You strive to recognise opportunities for learning and to tie these opportunities into a valuable lesson. These learning experiences will provide the children with the skills required to:
- Make choices
- Problem solve
- Express themselves
- Build relationships
- Resolve conflict
- Extend their creativity
- Enjoy learning, and so much more!
That list sounds pretty overwhelming, and it is! This is where we come in.
We help you by providing the basic building blocks for an endless selection of ideas and inspiration. Using what we know about a child's development and the creative arts, we understand that children can learn so many things through even the smallest of craft experiences. We're about the growth that comes from exploration and freedom of creative expression.
Craft can complement any lesson as it can be used as a tool to encourage higher order thinking skills. For example:
- You could be conducting a music lesson and teaching the children about rhythm. Why not extend this to designing and creating their very own instrument?
- Creative writing can be extended to illustration and making the characters from a book come to life with craft! Such as our Rainbow Fish on the right from Marcus Pfister's 1992 picture book of the same name.
- What about props, backdrops or some miniature characters for some dramatic play?
- How about observing the scientific process of gluing or paint drying in action?
The ideas and inspiration are endless. Be creative! Go on, you can do it! You may even find yourself learning along the way.
If you would like to link your email address to a school or childcare account (so we can invoice you), please call us during business hours on 1300 836 522 & we can help you in a flash!
See below for some products and ideas we've picked especially for you!